Happy New Financial Year!
As businesses start the new financial year, we need renewed energy and focus to propel us into the months ahead with positivity. Like New Year’s Eve for businesses, July 1 is a time to set resolutions and plans, and embrace the fresh year ahead.
The threat of ongoing disruption from COVID both in Australia and overseas is part of our new normal operating procedures, and with that comes continuous underlying stress for most business leaders.
What can you do to proactively manage that underlying uncertainty and pressure?
- Connect with other business owners and leaders regularly to reduce your isolation and get support. Make a deliberate plan to participate, put Chamber events in your diary, book your tickets ahead of time, and don’t make excuses for not connecting.
- Talk to professionals who can help you plan and create strategies – you do not have to work it out all on your own. Use the Chamber’s business directory to find the help you need.
- Use techniques to proactively manage your mental health – there are some great services in our Chamber that can help you develop positive processes for stress management.
- Prioritise and put the first things, first.
- Recognise this is a marathon, not a sprint – it’s okay if things take longer to come to pass than you hoped or expected.
- Decide that this is going to be the best year in business yet, no matter the challenges that come. Embrace every setback and roadblock as an adventure that will help you grow your business into something amazing.
Check out our new website
The Chamber team has been working hard over the last 12 months to transform our website.
In this first development phase, we will be rolling out several new features and systems over the next six to 12 months to continuously improve the experience and benefits members get from being part of the Chamber.
Explore the site and give us your feedback!
What’s happening this month?
We have two terrific events that are not to be missed. Please note that the format of these events may change if the current COVID- related restrictions are extended past July 9. Please check the website for updates. If you have already booked, we’ll notify you of any changes by email.
CEO Building and Construction Lunch (July 16). This is an important event for businesses in and serving the building, trade and construction industry, with lots of networking and a great opportunity to be part of the Q&A on innovation and regulation. Book now!
SHBC Christmas In July – Business After Five (July 28). To celebrate the new financial year, we are having big social networking night for our Business After Five event at Castle Hill RSL. So, crack out those business cards that are gathering dust, wear your ugliest Christmas sweater, or toss on some decorations and join us for a fun night connecting. Book now!