Connect, Promote, Develop, Amplify. These are the cornerstone pillars of the Sydney Hills Business Chamber. And it’s more important than ever for businesses to use their business chambers and networks to help them navigate the economic challenges we are all currently facing.
One of the contributing factors to business stress is the ongoing uncertainty and vague messaging that government and media are using in their communications to business.
As we don’t want to add to that uncertainty, the Chamber has locked in the activities and opportunities available to members and the greater business community for the next few months.
Take a moment to review the Connection, Promotion and Advocacy activities we have available, and make them part of your plan.
Events and workshops
Our connection activities can help you to build relationships, share your challenges and wins, and reduce your sense of isolation during lockdown and restrictions.
All Chamber events and workshops will be online this month:
- General Meeting 11th August – Join us for an update from the Chamber and some networking. Book Now
- Chairman’s Q&A with The Hon David Elliott MP Member for Baulkham Hills (16th August) – Join us for the Q&A with the Minister where we’ll gather the voice and questions of our members. Book Now
- Business After Five (25th August) – Join us for the next Business After5 hosted by Digital Age Lawyers. Katherine Hawes will talk about ‘The New STD: are you protected?’ Sexually transmitted debt and how it happens in business. Book Now
A great way to build relationships and stay connected and visible is to be part of our MyBoard, MyEnterprise and MyCorporate groups. All meetings for August are via Zoom, so if you’re a Chamber member and not already part of a group, register your interest today. Find out more and register here.
Promote your business through the Chamber
As a member there are many ways to create visibility and promote your business. Now is the time to make sure you have activated those benefits, even when you can’t connect in person:
- Update your details on the Member Business Directory or find a professional to help you.
- Share educational articles with 1400 members of our Chamber LinkedIn Group and participate in discussions.
- Access our newly released Social Media Package, where you can leverage the network of the Chamber to advertise your business and its services/products.
Advocating for our Business Community
Tell us about your experience. We have been talking with highly impacted businesses like cafes, event managers, dance schools, sports clubs, and venues over the last few weeks to listen to their experiences. We are connecting with government leaders regularly to enable us to advocate on behalf of our members on issues that are hurting or confusing you.
The best way to give us information about the things you want us to raise with decision makers is to email us at [email protected] and share your story or challenge with us.
We also have booked the Q&A Meeting with Minister Elliott to enable members and guests to share questions and hear the latest information from the State Government.
Our Chamber has a wide range of Accounting, Tax, Bookkeeping, HR, Legal, Business Advisory, and Mental Health service professionals who can assist you and your business. Use the business directory to reach out for help from our members.
ServiceNSW are also tasked with helping small businesses through their concierge service and grants programs. You can book a call back rather than waiting in the queue.