What a year it’s been at the Sydney Hills Business Chamber! As 2017 draws to a close, the Chamber staff and board members are planning for a fabulous 2018.
There are some exciting changes already in place.
Nigel Rayner elected as Chamber Chairperson
The Chamber’s Annual General Meeting was held on 6 December 2017 Anthony Moss stepped down from the Chair after 3 years in the role and Nigel Rayner was elected as Chairperson. Nigel is well known in the Chamber, having been a member since February 2009 and most recently served as Deputy Chairperson during 2017. He is a Senior Associate with 360HR and holds a Civil Engineering Degree and an MBA.
Sonja Palic was elected as Deputy Chairperson and as board member will share the Marketing and Events Portfolio.
New Board Members
Four new board members have also been elected (October and December meetings), bringing additional expertise and fresh energy to the Board. New Board members are:
- Farid Zaki - Acting Treasurer
- Sara Belling – Marketing & Events Portfolio
- David Ferris – MyBoard Portfolio
- Sue Tsigaros – Education Portfolio
Continuing Board members are:
- Malcolm Campbell - Secretary
- Dyean Moodley – Administration Portfolio
- Richard Nassif – Partners Portfolio
- Alex Hezari – Partners Portfolio
- Yvette McCrystal – Project Officer
New Workshops for 2018
Existing workshops Introductions with Impact, and Networking for Growth will continue to run in 2018, along with 5 new workshops:
- Google for Business Demystified
- Optimise your Social Media Strategy
- The Do's and Don'ts of HR in Your Business
- Smart Strategies for Succession Planning
- Building Leadership Presence - in person and online
Workshop presenters and speakers for 2018 include Rod Matthews, John Drury, Sue Tsigaros, JP Hogbin, Lee Ussher, Tom Graham, Graham Sanders and Marylou Stubbs.
We have some excellent events locked in for 2018, but to find out more you’ll have to come along to our first 2018 event - a Bollywood style Business After Five at Kashi’s Indian Restaurant in Annangrove on 31 January. Details are already on the Chamber events page, so book in now before you’re distracted by silly season!