Did you know your local Council might be able to help you establish or grow your business? The Hills Shire Council has a Business Visit Program, designed
to help businesses thrive in the Hills, by connecting business owners with the right people and information. Stephen Garrard, the Council’s Senior
Coordinator Economic Development (Business), has provided the following information on the Program.
Business Visit Program
The Hills Shire Council’s Business Visits Program is a highly regarded, long-standing initiative that can support your business with demographic information, business insights and connections to people who can help.
This long-standing program has been well received throughout the community, over the 10 years since it was established.
The information we provide is not available elsewhere – it’s our point of difference. Many small businesses do not have the resources to purchase this kind of data for themselves.
Council’s program supports businesses by:
- Providing a first point of contact for business development or investment enquiries.
- Working with other sections of Council to provide regulatory, planning, legislative and other relevant information.
- Connecting you with the right people within Local or State Government.
- Assisting you with investment opportunities by providing economic insights and market trends.
Why have a business visit with us?
- Your session is tailored to your business, meaning that any specific business challenges your business may be currently facing can be addressed.
- Council and Government resources, as well as information about conducting business in The Hills region, will be available to help you further your business.
- You will also be provided with a large range of economic/industry and demographic information to assist with business planning, growth and marketing strategies.
- You will be able to gain access to information about Government grants that may be available to help your business excel.
- Economic and demographic information for starting and growing a business, as well as investing in an area, will also be available.
- And Council will assist you in connecting with the right networking groups and other members of the community who can help support your business.